Saturday 3 December 2011

reasons to be cheerful... part one

I left the return feed off (fixed the oil cooler and was double checking) 
and forgot... till the oil ran down on to the belt drive and the was spun along the patio and up the wall of the house...
Drilled a hole in the 'well made' mooneyes airfilter back plate 
and the air filter! As they cover the float bowl breather passage...
 Installed my old inline fuel filter which leaked and then stopped (leaking)...
It was getting dark when she finally started and I wondered where the sparks were coming from - the battery had moved sideways all on its own, till the cover just touched the live connector...
 
and finally the oil on the floor wasn't coming down from the beltdrive oil fiasco. No it was coming from the between the base of the cylinders! 
I checked the base nuts, and some were just finger tight... 
Never had that happen before. Fuck I've not been down the road on the bitch yet! 






No comments: